40 Scenarios Where You Need 24/7 Streaming Support
- Your dog eats your cables instead of your kid’s homework.
- Your cat knocks your video encoder off the table just to spite you.
- Your kid eats your cables and doesn’t do their homework just to spite you.
- Your encoder isn’t configured properly.
- You aren’t in expert in transcoding, bitrates, video formats, or codecs.
- You broadcast a radio show about insomnia in the middle of the night.
- You broadcast anytime that’s not 9am – 5pm.
- You broadcast on a holiday or weekend.
- You don’t have the time to wait 2 to 3 business days to get a reply from the other guys.
- You’re hosting a live stream of the kids’ soccer game and Karen’s mom, Susan, who’s on the PTA, will lose it if there are interruptions.
- Slow or interrupted internet speed while broadcasting.
- Network congestion.
- Karen’s dad is an MMA fighter who is watching the game from elsewhere and the stream isn’t loading for him. He’s very upset.
- Buffering, the enemy of all live and pre-recorded video.
- Your kid’s team beats Karen’s team, but you can’t pause or rewind or watch it again because you can’t seem to work the nDVR feature.
- You’re hosting a live stream for any viewers who you value, but don’t want to risk losing in case there are interruptions.
- Software crashes.
- Interrupted camera feeds.
- Karen’s dad dropkicks your equipment.
- Equipment failure in general.
- You’re a modest local radio show that broadcasts news and weather but have poor connectivity because you’re in the middle of a hurricane, and you need to tell your listeners that they’re probably experiencing a hurricane.
- You’re worried about losing any video or audio content that you broadcast while in poor weather conditions or with poor connectivity.
- You’re not in Kansas anymore–you’re in the middle of nowhere and need help setting up so you can stream remotely.
- Your dog, Toto, got whisked away in a twister after eating your cables and now you feel guilty and want to put a missing dog pre-roll banner on your videos.
- You need help setting up a paywall to be submitted to your kid’s college fund because they keep eating their homework.
- You’re in search of a heart, a brain, or courage.
- (On second thought, no one can really help you with that.)
- You want to start monetizing your videos in general, but don’t know where to start.
- You aren’t familiar with VAST or VPAID.
- You experience any number of technical problems.
- Turning it off and then turning it back on again doesn’t work.
- Lightly slapping your equipment doesn’t fix it.
- Lightly kicking your equipment doesn’t fix it.
- You call the 9-to-5 guys and they ask if you turned it off and then on again, so you smash your equipment to the ground.
- Smashing your equipment doesn’t fix it.
- You experience sudden changes in audio and video quality and suspect it might be a ghost.
- You find out it’s not a ghost, but that still doesn’t solve it.
- You need an answer to the ages old question, “Who you gonna call?”
- You don’t want to risk losing audience engagement over quality issues.
- You want to provide a seamless streaming experience to your audience.
This entry was posted in Streaming Services
. Bookmark the permalink